Date:      Sun, 04 Nov 2012 17:28:12 +0100
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SU+J on 9.1-RC2 ISO

On 11/04/2012 04=3A33 PM=2C Zoran Kolic wrote=3A
=3E=3E Just rebooting to single user mode after the install and then tunefs=
 -j
=3E=3E disable /dev/ada0p2 works for me=2E
=3E=3E After a reboot then I just removed /=2Esujournal
=3E That crystillized to me as a correct way in this situation=2E
=3E Just one =22fsck=22 at the very beginning=3F Manual says about
=3E some options available after it only=2E

I did not fsck just disable journaling for soft updates reboot and=20
delete =2E/sujournal
=3E People mostly mention journaling for servers=2E Anybody using
=3E 9=2Ex on laptop with ssd=3F
=3E Thanks all for help=2C regarding this option=2E
I don=27t have a laptop with ssd
Journaling SU is not recommended because of the extra writes but=20
nowadays ssd should be fine with it=2C though less writes is less wear=2E=
 =20
Just take care to align your partitions to 1 or 2 MB which can be=20
accomplished by going to shell on the partedit part of bsdinstall and=20
use gpart -a or gpart -b

This e-mail message=2C including any attachment=28s=29=2C is intended solel=
y for the addressee or addressees=2E Any views or opinions presented herein=
 are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of O=
SE=2E

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return t=
his e-mail message and the attachment=28s=29 to the sender and delete and d=
estroy all copies=2E