Date:      Sat, 05 Apr 1997 22:56:30 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@munich.netsurf.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ipfilter build system complete

proff@suburbia.net writes:

>I've finished writing the build (and module loading) system for
>ipfilter.  A few other other code changes were also necessarily.
>The patches (only about 30k) are available from GNATS as `kern/3207'.
>wollman/DG/avalon, can you review this for me?

Great ! The only comment I have right off the bat is that including
osreldate.h doesn't work if you're trying to compile ipfilter into
the kernel. So, I think ipfconf.h should look like:

      #ifdef __FreeBSD__
      # if defined(KERNEL)
      #  ifndef _KERNEL
      #    define _KERNEL
      #  endif
      #  if __FreeBSD__=3
      #   define __FreeBSD_version 300000
      #  endif
      #  if __FreeBSD__=2
      #   define __FreeBSD_version 220000
      #  endif
      # else
      #  include <osreldate.h>
      # endif
      #endif

this isn't absolutely correct, unfortunatley, since it doesn't handle
2.1.X. For that we'd need to use BSD from param.h, but ipconf.h gets
included much too soon for that.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de