Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:24:45 -0400
From:      "Scott Ullrich" <sullrich@gmail.com>
To:        "Norikatsu Shigemura" <nork@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is IPSec NAT-T support?

On 9/4/06, Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@freebsd.org> wrote:
>         I'm finding IPSec NAT-Traversal support patch for 6-stable and
>         7-current.  But I could only find it for 6.0-R and 4-stable:-(.
>         Where is IPSec NAT-T support patch?
>         And why does IPSec NAT-T support be comitted into src tree?
>         NetBSD already supports IPSec NAT-Traversal.

When building the security/ipsec-tools package this gem is displayed:

===> ATTENTION: You need a kernel patch to enable NAT-Traversal functionality!
===> You can download the patch here:
===>     http://ipsec-tools.sf.net/freebsd6-natt.diff
===> You might possibly have to do some steps manually if it fails to apply.

However, it does not compile and work on RELENG_6_1.  I too would like
to see NAT-T support committed as its a commonly requested feature for
pfSense.   This would also benefit m0n0wall if it was committed.

Scott