Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:01:28 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail, mpack and aliases

I'm trying to use converters/mpack to send attachments.
It doesn't seem to know anything about mail(1) aliases.
I tried to save mpack output to a file with -o option,
and then read this file into a mail message, e.g. with ~r.
However, this doesn't seem to work.
The attachment is not recognised as such and
is just displayed as part of the body text.
I think it's because there's an empty line
between the mail header and the mime header
produced by mpack.

So how can I use mpack and my mail aliases?

Thanks

Anton