Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:16:16 -0400
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New SMP Mbuf Allocator (PATCH and TESTING request)

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 12:48:14AM -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
> >  The reason I said "in the next week" is actually because on Sat. June 23rd
> > (not this upcoming one, but the one after), I should be flying off to
> > Yugoslavia (actually to London, and only then to Yugoslavia). I will be
> > gone for 3 weeks and seeing as how maintaining this huge diff is a real
> > **** (especially given the state of -CURRENT, as I'm sure you know :-)),
>
> I realise that maintaining the diff is a major pain, but this is *not* a
> good reason to be rushing it now, *especially* when you're going to be
> gone for three weeks.

	I'm not rushing it.

> I appreciate the extra work involved, but please take this as an
> extremely serious request to defer your commit until it's had some more
> testing, and until you're in a position to support it for more than 36
> hours after you commit.

	This is likely going to happen anyway, following some discussions
with Bruce, in order to improve the situation of sys/mbuf.h :-)
	However, testing should still continue as none of the planned changes
affect any of the conceptual/functional bits.

> Thanks.
>
> --
> ... every activity meets with opposition, everyone who acts has his
> rivals and unfortunately opponents also.  But not because people want
> to be opponents, rather because the tasks and relationships force
> people to take different points of view.  [Dr. Fritz Todt]
>            V I C T O R Y   N O T   V E N G E A N C E

Cheers,
--
 Bosko Milekic
 bmilekic@technokratis.com