Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:46:13 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/lang/nawk Makefile distinfo ports/lang/nawk/files patch-ba patch-bb

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 08:36:45PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 03:06:17PM +1100, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > If you're upgrading this one, can you please add this to the Makefile:
> >
> >     DIST_SUBDIR=    nawk-${PORTVERSION}
> >
> > That will prevent the ever lasting problem of people getting checksum
> > mismatches because "the file is already there" and that bento will
> > fetch the right file too and thus build the package.
>
> The checksum mismatch is actually useful as an indicator when the next
> version is out.  There is no announce mailing list for one to join to get
> this information from.

Yes, that indicator will still be there.
It's more that I (and millions of users) at my own machines
don't have to remove /usr/ports/distfiles/awk.tar.gz anymore before
I can upgrade this port: the make will automaticly fetch the new
version once it has been commited in the ports-system because the
directory/file doesn't exist yet.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org