Date:      Wed, 6 May 2009 16:38:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What make is in 7.1?

When I do man make I get a man page and it includes references to
the pmake tutorial which seems to be basis of an HTMLize pmake
tutorial in one of the books.

But clearly the installed make is not the pmake described in the tutorial.
The tutorial frequently suggest using Pmake -h for more details about
particular points.  But in 7.1 make -h results in an illegal option message.
There is no pmake or Pmake.  There is a pmake port but it won't build in
7.1.

So it seems I have a lot of documentation for pmake, which clearly I don't
have and can't get.  Where is the documentation for the make I do have?

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html