Date:      Sat, 24 Dec 2011 06:57:13 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        security-officer@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Merry Christmas from the FreeBSD Security Team

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On 2011-Dec-23 07:41:20 -0800, FreeBSD Security Officer <cperciva@freebsd.o=
rg> wrote:
>The timing, to put it bluntly, sucks.

Since it's Saturday here, at the start of an extended holiday season, I
would tend to agree.  That said, thanks for the explanation and I think
you made the right call.

>  On the positive side, most people
>have moved past telnet and on to SSH by now;

I thought everyone had but an acquaintance explained that he has to run
telnet because his employer doesn't permit any encrypted outside access
so the employer can monitor all traffic.

Merry Christmas to the security team.  Thanks for your efforts during
2011 and I hope you have a quiet and uneventful holiday period and 2012.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--