Date:      Tue, 01 Feb 2000 19:11:04 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XWindows won't work with new kernel

David Kelly wrote:

> R Joseph Wright writes:
> > Bill Campbell wrote:
> > >
> > > I have built a new kernel but when I try to run Xwindows, I get all kinds
> > > of "Cannot open socket for..." errors and it won't start.  I think it also
> > > says something like "Cannot open socket for tcp".  Any help would be
> > > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > There are a few things wrong with your config file.  First, I think you
> > need to choose only *one* processor type.  As it is now, you have them
> > all included.
>
> No, that is OK. The GENERIC kernel comes that way so it runs on all
> variations possibly bypassing some CPU specific optimizations.

I didn't know whether it was something that would cause problems or not,
however, if you're going to make a custom kernel, you might as well
choose the one processor that you're going to be running on.

--
R Joseph Wright

*I merely took the energy it takes to pout
and wrote some blues --Duke Ellington*