Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:05:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@teaser.fr>, John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lpt0

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 07:36:37PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > >
> > >FWIW, I would also like to see this happen.
> >
> > What's the deadline? I did it for -current this day. I'm waiting for
> > some feedback before the 3.1 replica.
>
> Actually, subsequent discussions with Dag-Erling have sort of shown
> this to have been rather too ambitious of me and now I've major second
> thoughts. :(
>
> I think the number of changes involved in making the cut-over are just
> too likely to hang us at the last minute, and that's nothing any of us
> want.  Any there any last cosmetic tie-ups of a less scary nature, or
> are we good to go as-is in the 3.0 branch?

ICMP_BANDLIM by default in GENERIC? And maybe perhaps a note that there is a
much improved parallel port driver that everyone should use? Putting nlpt,
ppbus, ppc etc in there should be fine, considering nlpt wouldn't collide
with anyone trying to configure an old kernel...

> - Jordan

 Brian Feldman					  _ __  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org			      _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
	     http://www.freebsd.org/	 _ __ ___ ____ | _ \__ \ |) |