Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2006 05:07:29 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: repeatedly opening the same .so(s) is slow?

On Tue, 2006-Mar-21 14:31:24 +0100, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
>Set libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes in the environment before running
>configure and try again. And yes, this is *exactly* the same
>idiosyncraty as KDE.

This is needed for both guile and libltdl.  After replacing libltdl
and libguile-ltdl, gnucash startup has dropped from 15 minutes to 10
seconds.  Thanks for the pointer.  The correct fix would be to patch
the configure script so it recognizes FreeBSD.  I'll file a PR this
evening (if no-one has fixed it by then).

--
Peter Jeremy