Date:      24 Sep 2001 13:21:51 -0700
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which Ports are what

Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org> writes:

> The perl section of the ports is programs/modules *written in*
> perl.

That strikes me as an odd way to categorize software.

I suppose some people don't want Perl on their system and having
the Perl programs integrated with the mainstream (ie, compiled?)
programs causes some kind of problem for them.  Isn't there some
way to solve those problems while allowing the Perl programs to be
integrated so people can see them in the regular categories?

Or maybe I shouldn't care about port directory structure at all
and I should only care about the categorization of the ports html
files (which then shouldn't be in the ports directories)?