Date:       Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:44:34 -0500
From:      "DAVE CUSHING" <DMCUSHING@cambrianc.on.ca>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AlphaServer 400

<grin>  I forgot to try to boot from the second controller, so I decided =
to try it and see if it would see the drives properly, here are the =
results:

>>>boot dkb0
(boot dkb0.0.0.1000.0 -file kernel)
block 0 of dkb0.0.0.1000.0 is a valid boot block
reading 921 blocks from dkb0.0.0.1000.0
bootstrap code read in
base =3D 1f2000, image_start =3D 0, image_bytes =3D 73200
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 1e4000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU
jumping to bootstrap code

    OpenVMS (TM) Alpha Operating System, Version V7.2-1 =20

Guess, this was the test VMS machine :)  Either way, I know the drives =
work ok with the hardware configuration, how come no FreeBSD??

Thanks in advance for your help (and patience with a newbie).

---
Dave Cushing
Network Administrator/Webmaster
Cambrian College
1400 Barrydowne Road, Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
(705) 566-8101 x 7493
---

"Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of =
contents may have occurred during transmission."