Date:      Sun, 2 May 2004 22:16:47 -0400
From:      Bob Perry <rperry4@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Ports Index Update Error Due to /mail/lmtpd Failure

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

Previous note had incorrect From: information.  Sorry.

Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 21:18:55 -0400
From: Bob Perry <rperry@sphinx.alpha.domain>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I went about the weekly process of upgrading my ports system Saturday
and was unsucessful at updting the port index because the "mail/lmtpd"
file failed.

The process is pretty basic beginning with a backup of /var/db/pkg,
followed with pkgdb -Fv, cvsup -g -L 2 -z /etc/cvsupfile, and then
portsdb -uU.  The error ocurred during the index update and stated
that file mail/lmtpd failed.  It was followed by "Makefile", line
47: You cannot use DB3 and DB4 in the same time.

I reviewed the Makefile and saw line 47 but didn't recognize any
error.  I also ran pkg_info and couldn't locate a lmtpd package.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW,this may be the second posting of this message. It's my first
note using mutt and I'm afraid the first one may have gone it's
merry way.

Thanks,
Bob Perry