Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:23:45 -0800
From:      Fred Condo <fred@condo.chico.ca.us>
To:        Erin Fortenberry <efortenb@sdccd.cc.ca.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISO's of older FreeBSD releases

Erin Fortenberry wrote:

> Does anyone have a source for ISO images of older FreeBSD images?
>
> I have;
>
> 2.2.6
> 2.2.8
> 3.1
> 3.2
> 3.3
> 4.2
> 4.3
> 4.4
>
> I would like to get the sources and/or images of some of the older and
> missing releases.

What's your goal? Because you could always fetch the old sources via cvs, and
build any version FreeBSD system. Conceivably, you could generate your own ISO
images by cvs'ing to the appropriate revision and then using the release
mechanism to build an install disk (don't ask me for details; I have not done
that task).

--
Fred
"Never underestimate the power of denial." -- Ricky Fitts