Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:17:14 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
To:        Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan@fosburgh.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i915 DRM breakage in -CURRENT

Hello!

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
> The recent DRM commit broke the DRM on my i915 card.  After digging around
> in
> the drm sources I came across something that didn't seem right to me and
> after changing it DRM works again. At the bottom of i915_dma.c there is a

  Thank you for digging for it. I've also noticed the breakage and reported it,
but haven't got sufficient time for problem analysis.

> so far the appearance feels right.)  The only problem I see is the drm attach
> message says it has 0MB instead of reporting the AGP aperture size of 256MB,
> as I think it used to.
>
> agp0: <Intel 82915G (915G GMCH) SVGA controller> on vgapci0
> agp0: detected 7932k stolen memory
> agp0: aperture size is 256M
>
> drm0: <Intel i915G> on vgapci0
> info: [drm] AGP at 0xcfd00000 0MB
> info: [drm] Initialized i915 1.4.0 20060119

  Fom my ASUS M5A notebook (i915GM-based) reported AGP aperture size was also
0MB before the breakage (and DRM worked properly). Here is the diff between
previous and current DRM:

  drm0: <Intel i915GM> on vgapci0
-info: [drm] AGP at 0xfeb80000 0MB
-info: [drm] Initialized i915 1.2.0 20041217
+error: [drm:pid0:drm_load] *ERROR* Card isn't AGP, or couldn't initialize
         AGP.
+device_attach: drm0 attach returned 12

> Jonathan Fosburgh
> AIX and Storage Administrator