Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:15:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what do Unix admins do

> Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:28:28 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
> Subject: So what do (unix) sysadmins do anyway?
>
> Hi,
> This is something I've been wanting to get off my
> chest for a bit....What do unix sysadmins do anyway?
> I am under the impression that once you setup unix
> boxen, they can chug on without any attention at all?
>
> I mean NT admins must have to do a lot of running
> around with Fire Extinguishers, but what do unix
> sysadmins do? I mean I'm sure you don't get paid loads
> of money to sit and stare at a root (or quake) console
> all day long...
>
> Am I missing the obvious?

Well, you install lots of more Unix boxes.  Upgrade your FreeBSD stuff
regularly to keep all the security holes closed and spend a lot of time
fixing the pile of user Windows desktop problems the Windows deskside
support guys can't figure out.

Bill

--
bpechter@monmouth.com      |     Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?