Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:44:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.Technion.AC.IL>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended SCSI controllers on Alpha?

Almost any supported controller will be fine. I'm not sure which would be
bootable though (SRM is such a crapshoot about this).

So, you have QLogic {1X80,12160}, LSI-Logic 895, 896 && 1010, Adaptec 29160.

Of the three, I doubt that the 29160 has been exercised much under
FreeeBSD-alpha. The LSI-Logic cards are fine, and supported pretty well and
are cheap. I of course like the QLogic cards, but the LSI-Logic cards are a
better buy (i.e., more easily available, not only from LSI-Logic or Tekram,
but even small shops like Antares who make a fine set of cards).