Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:45:43 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windowmaker segfault?

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 08:52:34AM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
| On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 08:18:45AM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
| >
| > I dug through the lists, and recompiled/installed the whole port.  But
| > everytime I run X with Windowmaker 0.80.1 I get a segfault.  I usually run
| > Fluxbox or Blackbox, but some time ago I ran Windowmaker with no problems.
|
| Are all the dependencies up to date?
|
|     happy-idiot-talk:~:% pkg_info -r window\*
|     Information for windowmaker-0.80.1:
|
|     Depends on:
|     Dependency: imake-4.2.0_1
|     Dependency: jpeg-6b_1
|     Dependency: png-1.2.5
|     Dependency: freetype2-2.1.2
|     Dependency: libiconv-1.8_1
|     Dependency: tiff-3.5.7
|     Dependency: XFree86-libraries-4.2.1_2
|     Dependency: expat-1.95.5
|     Dependency: wmicons-1.0
|     Dependency: gettext-0.11.5_1
|     Dependency: libungif-4.1.0b1
|     Dependency: Hermes-1.3.2
|
| If that is the problem, portupgrade should sort you out in short order.

I started a 'portupgrade -RPN windowmaker' and left it to do its magic and I
still get the segfault.  I tried truss but I don't know the system well
enough to figure out what happened.  The cause of the crash wasn't
immediately obvious.

I did get a core file however, and if there is any info I can extract from
there I'd be happy to try.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.