Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:24:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      FreeBSD user <freebsd@XtremeDev.com>
To:        Joel Dinel <dinjo@touchtunes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Basic load balancing with IPFW

Don't know about ipfw, but ipfilter does basic round-robin port
forwarding with ipnat. Example rules would be:

rdr xl0 0/0 port 80 -> 192.168.1.10,192.168.1.11 port 80 tcp round-robin
rdr xl0 0/0 port 80 -> 192.168.1.12,192.168.1.13 port 80 tcp round-robin

This would have all requests coming in to public nic xl0 port 80
redirected first to 192.168.1.10, second connect to .11, third to .12,
fourth to .13, and cycle back to .10 and so on for succeeding connections.

I don't know if this would help you any, or even if you want to use
ipf/ipnat over ipfw versus a 3rd party app from ports/packages.