Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:51:58 +0500 (ES)
From:      "Ilia E. Chipitsine" <ilia@cgu.chel.su>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   upgrade weirdo issue

--0-1368506801-941619118=:23179

Dear All,

in order to upgrade university mail server from 2.2.5 to 3.3
i did test install (on a separate machine)

.... sources were taken from CVS,

# make upgrade WANT_AOUT=yes REALLY_WANT_DEPRECIATED_AOUT=yes

system is up and working, but I cannot make work old "aout" binaries
from 2.2.5. I had midnight commander installed and now it says
----------------
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libc.so.3: minor version -1 older than expected 0, using it anyway
ld.so failed: bad magic number in "/usr/lib/libc.so.3"
----------------

installing "compat" distroes didn't help :-(

WHAT SHALL I DO next ???

Regards,
Ilia Chipitsine

--0-1368506801-941619118=:23179

L3Vzci9saWJleGVjL2xkLnNvOiB3YXJuaW5nOiAvdXNyL2xpYi9saWJjLnNv
LjM6IG1pbm9yIHZlcnNpb24gLTEgb2xkZXIgdGhhbiBleHBlY3RlZCAwLCB1
c2luZyBpdCBhbnl3YXkNCmxkLnNvIGZhaWxlZDogYmFkIG1hZ2ljIG51bWJl
ciBpbiAiL3Vzci9saWIvbGliYy5zby4zIg0K
--0-1368506801-941619118=:23179--