Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 18:54:19 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
Cc:        Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster PnP in -current

>From The Desk Of David Nugent :
> This "pnp support" sort of sucks, since the idea is that you should
> be able to plug it in and go. Having to edit a .c file is sort of
> missing the point. :-)  In any case, this allows pnp devices to
> actually work, so its better than not having them work at all.

Yes, we are painfully aware of the current scenario however we do
intent to correct this situation .  Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
has taken the lead in revamping the sound driver as well as to provide
true PnP support. For whatever is worth , when we are done it will
work pretty much like Win95 or perhaps better 8)

	Regards,
	Amancio