Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 17:00:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Howto upgrade my 2.1.5 machine to 2.2 BETA ?

	I have a FreeBSD machine which is on my local network. It is connected
	via ppp to the local ISP, and provides the gateway to the world for the
	rest of my network. If it matters this is done using Charlie Mott's
	masquerading code.

	In order to use some new hardware on this machine, I need to upgrade it
	to 2.2. My question is how to do this with the minimal risk, and minimal
	downtime?

	I have never upgraded a FreeBSD machine before. I installed this one at
	2.1.5, and it quickly became my most flexible, trusted stable machine.
	Breaking it is a scary thought.

	Any advice is greatly appreciated.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955