Date:      Sun, 06 May 2012 09:53:35 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, David Xu <davidxu@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.31 on FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 broken!

--------------enigEB72EE0E142994DF86FC6EB7

On 05/06/12 01:55, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2012-05-05 17:54, Hartmann, O. wrote:
>> Since Friday, I have on all of our FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 boxes
>> massive trouble with net/openldap24-server (SASL enabled, so it is
>> openldap-sasl-server).
>>
>> Last time OpenLDAP worked was Thursday last week, when obviously a
>> problematic update to the OS was made
>=20
> I managed to reproduce the segfault you are seeing in slapd, which is
> caused by a problem in libthr.so, introduced in r234947.
>=20
> Please apply the attached diff, rebuild lib/libthr and install it, and
> then try your slapd tests again.  Let us know. :)
>=20
> @David, can you please review this diff?  It looks like there was a
> mistake merging from Perforce, where you also moved the line:
>=20
>                 sc =3D SC_LOOKUP(wchan);
>=20
> to the top of the _sleepq_add() function, just before the call to
> _sleepq_lookup().  If this isn't done, sc may be uninitialized when it
> is dereferenced later on in the function.

GREAT!

Everything works perfectly as expected and in its status quo as before
the inconvenience. The problems I faced with xdm and others were due to
a configuration mistake by myself in etc/ldap.conf, which I introduced
while searching for problems.

Dimitry, my personal thank you. Seriously.

Regards,
Oliver Hartmann