Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 1997 22:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        mef@cs.washington.edu, FreeBSD-SMP@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Open Issues on P6DNH

Hi Steve Passe;  On 03-Sep-97 you wrote:

>  ---
>  This mptable shows PCI INTs going to multiple APIC pins, for instance:
>                  INT     active-lo       level        0  20:A          2
>  16
>                  INT     active-lo       level        0  20:A          2
>  18
>                  INT     active-lo       level        0  20:A          2
>  19
>
>  PCI INT 20:A should NOT being going to 3 different APIC pins.  I think
>  what
>  is wrong is that they mean to show 20:A, 20:B and 20:C, but they somehow
>  mess that part up.  I could have a bug in my parse code, but other
>  similar
>  boards parse correctly, such as this HP Netserver 5/133 (Intel XXPRESS):

According to the expert on this matters at SuperMicro, this exactly how it
should be when you have more than one PCI bus.  With no ofense to anyone,
in declining order of probability, here is my BELIEF:

a.  SuperMicro is mistaken
b.  SuperMicro is ``plastering our eyes'' with nonsense as they try to get
    out of something they have no clue about.
c.  Steve is wrong.

Why does it work with NT?  Probably, the NT driver does some sort of ``if
board_id == p6dnh then reverse these pins.

Should we do that too?

Being true to my heritage, I will anser a question with a question:

Do we want to be right about it or do we want it to work?

---

Sincerely Yours,           (Sent on 02-Sep-97, 22:51:34 by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro              Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect           14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR
97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       Voice:  503.643.5559, Emergency: 503.799.2313