Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:08:42 +0530
From:      "Kshitij Gunjikar" <kshitijgunjikar@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Filtering on the IPsec Tunnel

Hi All,
  What I think is that we shouldn't send all packets to IPSec. This reduces
the performance of the box as IPSec algorithms are really compute intensive.
  Only configured tunnels to a few locations can be IPSeced. This ensures
that the normal traffic which is mostly TCP traffic can be as fast as
possible. (Hey, We all complain when we see our mails being downloaded
slowly or web pages being loaded slowly)
 Also, for generic security we can use the IP filter for normal traffic. The
IPSec itself does authentication so why send it to a filter?

Regards
Kshitij