Date:      	Sat, 14 Jun 1997 23:02:04 -0400
From:      edward.ing@utoronto.ca
To:        Dan Vasilescu <webmaster02@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Dan Vasilescu wrote:

> Hi!
>
>    I want to install FreeBSD on my computer, and from one of the FTP
> sites that I found, I don't know how to download this.  Do I have to
> download everything, with the same directory structure?  I mean, exactly
> the same way is there?
>    I also sent another email and I did not get a response yet.  Please
> respond.
>
>    Thank you,
>
>    Florin Vasilescu

You do not have to download everything.
The first thing to do is to make a boot floopy. You have to copy one of
the boot floopy images from the floppy directory.
I cannot explain it in detail here by there is an installation readme.
Essentially you copy the floppy image using rawrite in dos or dd if you
are using a unix. This floopy becomes the boot floopy and on it is
the kernel which allows you to proceed with an ftp setup.

The ftp setup essential copies the files required by the configuration which
you choose during the setup.

See the readme instructions found on the ftp site or visit the freebsdwww
site for detailed instructions.

Edward Ing