Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 1995 23:34:05
From:      shane@et.pronex.com (Shane Anderson)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   UUCP...

Well, the more i look at uucp, the more I am confused.  The BSD 4.4
SMM is rather off as to file locations, and it looks more and more
like the config files need to be in etc/uucp, no?

My distribution has several example config files in that
directory.  However, there is no real reference to the proper names
for these files, although if I follow the BSD 4.4 SMM man and
O'Reilly's Managing UUCP, I can probably guess at most of them.

However, the sample config files mention compiling the system?  Do
I need to do this?  The uucico, uuxqt, etc. are located in the
/usr/libexec/uucp dir, but I cannot currently execute any of
them.  The command is simply not found.

Any help and direction on this would be appreciated.  I did not
initially install the source distribution, and if I need to I
assume that I can add it to the system now from the cd by using my
boot disk and Fdisk/Disklabel with (P)reserve?

Any assistence would be warmly welcomed...

shane

-----
Shane G. Anderson
Internet:  shane@et.pronex.com