Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:57:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with Qlogic SCSI combo card

> Matthew Jacob writes:
>  >
>  > Is there any reason why we shouldn't allow only memory mapping
>  > if I/O mapping is broken?
>  >

> That's a great idea -- how do we tell?

Ah! do I detect a pink of irony? :-)

We should not do it in the driver. If we've decided that a particular
PCI Bus' I/O port mapping doesn't work, invalidate the pci resource
map for it. For FreeBSD alpha, this means that all the chipset things which
use bus_generic_alloc_resource should have their own.

-matt