Date:      Sun, 25 May 2003 21:30:33 +0200
From:      "Bjarne Hansen" <bjarne@basepoint.no>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   jail and ping/traceroute

Greetings,

I have set up a freebsd 5.0-current  box and successfully createt a jail. It
works find and I installed apache, mysql and rtg inside the jail.

I can not get rtg to work towords my switches and think it is relatet to the
server and not the switches, since I can not use ping nor traceroute.

Shuld ping, traceroute and a program like rtg work inside a jail?

I don't know if the sysctl security.jail.socket_unixiproute_only=1 have
anything to do with this problem?

How can I change this behavor and if I can must I remake the jail from sorce
to make it work?

Bjarne Hansen