Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:55:13 -0500
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fxtv picture quality

Hi,

I have just installed an Hauppague Wincast/TV - fm  Model 401 on my 2.2.6
system.  I am using fxtv 0.46 from ports but had to get the driver from
http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/bt848/22x
<http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/bt848/22x>;  and patch it as
described there to work with a pre 3.0 system.

Things "work" but the picture quality is very poor vs. when run under NT (at
any resolution).  Is this a result of the state of development or are there
a few things I can look into?

My system is 2.2.6 installed from CDROM.  I run XF86 3.3.2 on a Matrox
Millennium II PCI with 8MB WRAM.  My monitor is a Viewsonic 17.  The
XF86Config was created using the entries I found in the "monitors" and
"Devices" files found in X11R6 subdirectories.

Any ideas on to what to check or what to look at next?

Thanks,
MikeC