Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:57:01 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Erik Norgaard <norgaard@math.ku.dk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MiniDV over firewire howto

Hi,

I have just discovered that Canon MiniDV series have different
names in US which may explain why I haven't got much response on
my previous posts on this.

I want to buy a camcorder and like the specs of Canon MiniDV's, I
failed when trying MVX200 which is equivalent to the Elura 60
(well Elura some number).

Some cameras have both DV in and out, the one I tried only had
DV out - can this explain why communication failed?

Have anyone succesfully transfered video from a Canon camcorder?
- which?

When I tried 'fwcontrol -R' I got an "unknown format" error and no
frames were transfered - any clues?

Thanks, Erik