Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:59:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Burning CDs

Hi !

Yesterday I burned my first CD. In fact I had to change something in the
shell skript burncd.sh. The line

rtprio 5 team -v 1m 5 < $fname | rtprio 5 dd of=/dev/rworm0 obs=20k

worked better for me as

rtprio 5 team -v 1m 10 < $fname | rtprio 10 dd of=/dev/rworm0 obs=20k

It seemed as if the writing process had been stopped by the reading
process if both had the same priority. The latter case worked ok.
Anyway, I switched off lots of daemons, even killed X to be safe and doubled
the number of team-processes.
I don't know if I'm more safe when I further increase the priority of the dd
process.

But this is not the main question. The important questions are:

1) How to burn an Audio CD ?
2) How to burn a Mixed-Mode CD ?
3) How to burn a Multisession-CD ?

The CD I burned yesterday has been fixated with the onp flag so I think
I can write to it again. How can I do this ? With Gear/Win95 I could simply
append data to the track. Is this also possible with makeisofs/wormcontrol ?

Another problem was that it wasn't possible to omit the -N flag. I always got
errors and mkisofs died. Is it because of the rockridge extensions ?
I must say that I used long filenames on the CD.

Ok, thanx for your answers !

Bye,
	Udo
--