Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:25:21 +0300
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail List format suggestion

I suspect this is not the correct list, and probably a PIA to
implement, but I'll voice my wish anyway: I would like to see
filtering options on the mail lists.

The idea is; you could log-in if you wanted, on the left would be the
lists to which you have subscribed (or all lists, with subscribed ones
in different color). Clicking on the list would bring up posts to that
list. Then you could click a box, refresh and only see what you have
marked as "follow".

Yes, completely contrary to current piper-mail-man setup, maybe
requires more complicated services (and security measures that go with
it). However, as the FreeBSD community grows, the mail list format is
bound to out-grow this format and start running into different
problems. Prepare now for what's coming, I say and maybe other
subscribers have similar wishes.