Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:05:38 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <ume@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cyrus-SASL V1 & V2 problem with libtool

From: "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
> Is there a way to tell ldconfig to remove a directory from the hints list
> and rescan for libraries in the ports post-install target?

I found a solution to restore the list of ld hints diretories to what it was
before the Cyrus-SASL port was installed:

pre-install:
    ${LDCONFIG} -r | head -n 2 | tail -n 1 |  \
        sed -e 's;     search directories:;;g' -e 's;:; ;g' >
${WORKDIR}/ldpath
    :
    :

post-install
    :
    :
    ${LDCONFIG} `${CAT} ${WORKDIR}/ldpath`

Does anyone see a problem with letting a port reset the ld hints list to the
state it was before the port was installed?

NOTE: 1. Both Cyrus-SASL ports will need to reset the ld hints paths.
             2. This problem only occurs when building the port, there
should be no problems with the packages.
Scot