Date:      Thu, 07 May 1998 14:14:35 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Craig Wilson <craig@natsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, phk@FreeBSD.ORG, dg@root.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE

Craig Wilson wrote:

> I am currently using FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE in several commercial sites,
> ie running companies accounting and point of sale systems. I have
> found FreeBSD 2.2.2 very stable, however would like to use 2.2.6.
> I am not in a position to use CVS or to make worlds etc, because
> of the number of commercial sites I have, approx 25, some of which
> are required to run 24 hours a day, I simply install from CD-ROM,
> apply a few patches, and then leave the computer alone.
>
> Could somebody please tell me whether the fixes to the following problem
> reports made it into FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE, and if they did not make
> it what the fixes are, and whether the problems are serious and need
> fixing. Also are there any other problems that should be fixed with
> FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE before putting it into a commercial situation.
>
> kern/4844 VM lookup, endless loop in vm_map_lookup_lookup_entry()
> this PR was closed on Apr26 1998

	Poul was the one who closed this with "fixed in -current." He's the one
who should be able to tell you if it's fixed in -stable. Given that
2.2.6-Release was cut in march, this PR is certainly not fixed in that
release.

> kern/6258 VM lookup on kernel map........
> this PR was closed on Apr26 1998

	Similar situation with this one, fixed after 2.2.6-Release. It's also
closed by poul with "fixed in -current" in spite of the fact that the
audit trail has David Greenman asking for the fix to be applied to
-Stable.

Hope this is helpful to you,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet