Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:16:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Buslogic BT-445S problems

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> bt0 at port 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq -1 on isa0
                                 ^^^^^^
Is this for real or just a transcription error?

> bt0: BT-445S FW Rev. 3.36 Narrow SCSI Host Adapter, SCSI ID 7, 30CCBs
> bt0: Using Strict Round Robin Mailbox Mode

Hummm...  The source mentions that firmware revision 3.37 is good and all
others need a workaround; it could be the workaround code isn't doing the
right thing.

> I noticed that enabling the card BIOS makes it just lock up after
> the "card found at 0x330" message, but I'm not sure if this is
> just because it can't find any SCSI disks to boot.

If the BIOS won't come up that sounds like something outside of FreeBSD
drvier issues.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |