Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2016 07:12:57 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@puchar.net>
Subject:   Re: java in firefox and jnlp launch - help needed.

On Jul 4, 2016 4:40 AM, "Wojciech Puchar" <wojtek@puchar.net> wrote:

>>> no iKVM64 in java.library.path
>>>

>> The supermicro java console requires a linux native binary (ikvm64)
which cannot
>> be loaded in freebsd.
>>
>> To have it working you need the linux emulation and linux-oracle-jre18
port

>> then you can run your jnlp with
/usr/local/linux-oracle-jre1.8.0/bin/javaws

> this works fine (if slow can be called fine ;).
>
> Thank you very much

Unless things have changed on the newest SuperMicro motherboards, you can
just use ipmitools to connect via straight IPMI from your favourite
terminal app. That's how I manage all my H8DG* motherboards. Gives you
access to all the chassis info (power, temps, fans, etc), access to the
serial console, ability to reboot into the BIOS, etc. No Java or Linux
binaries needed.

Cheers,
Freddie