Date:      Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:04:37 +0100
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SHA256 checksums

--5FFaGRZUwcpbKFrw

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 06:59:51PM +0200, Vasil Dimov wrote:
> Should maintainers explicitly submit PRs with the SHA256 checksums...
> seems quite tedious.

Quite so.
>=20
> Is there going to be some automatic and massive SHA256 checksum
> gather and commit stuff?

This is what happened when SIZE was added to distinfo. Most maintainers
and committers added the SIZE to their ports, but after some time
someone stepped up and did an automated commit to add SIZE to all those
ports that did not yet have it added.
>=20
> Is "do nothing" the appropriate thing to do in this case (from
> maintainer's point of view)?
>=20
If you want, you can submit one big PR with the diffs for all your ports
at once, but I'm hoping that again someone will step up and do an
automated commit in some way or another.

-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing

DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were harmed while sending this message.

--5FFaGRZUwcpbKFrw

--5FFaGRZUwcpbKFrw--