Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 16:48:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Both ghostscript ports broken....

/usr/local/lib/libXt.a(Threads.o): In function `InitAppLock':
Threads.o(.text+0x771): undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_init'
Threads.o(.text+0x7a4): undefined reference to `pthread_cond_init'
Threads.o(.text+0x82e): undefined reference to `pthread_cond_init'
gmake: *** [bin/gs] Error 1
*** Error code 2

This was after I fixed the ghostscript-gnu Makefile not to specify
USE_BZIP2 since the official distfile is gzipped.  (The
ghostscript-afpl port craps out in the same place in the exact same
manner.)

...and while you (whoever you may be) are fixing this, can you also
make it possible to turn off all of the useless bloat?  I don't need
fifteen gazillion proprietary printer drivers; I don't use printers
with proprietary protocols.

-GAWollman