Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 20:33:29 -0700
From:      "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   config kernel without rebuild  (was: Re: Vaio with TI-1131 Cardbus problems - IRQs?)

Peter,

Yes, exactly.  Thanks.

I should have mentioned two things:

1)  I think one should have a last line of q or quit in kernel.conf,
since this is a batch version of the user config tool.

2)  Unlike the machdep... solution, the userconfig solution is
generalizable to all the devices in the kernel, with at least the
following commands:

  di sio1            (disable)
  en pcic1           (enable)
  po pcic0 0xfcec    (set port)
  ir pcic0 9         (set IRQ)
  dr pcm0 1          (set DRQ)
  iom pcic0 0xd8000  (set iomem)
  ios pcic0 ?????    (set iosize)
  f pcm0 0x10        (set flags)

This is very handy on those older machines where it takes a long time
to rebuild the kernel.  Try boot -c to get the whole picture.

Greg