Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:23:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      "A. Rich" <arr@oceanwave.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "A. Rich" <arr@oceanwave.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mountd -n is not allowing non-root mounts

dwhite> What does your /etc/exports file look like?

Nothing fancy; no flags:

/usr   host1 host2 host3 host4 host5 host6 host7.domain.com

The NCD is host7.domain.com, where domain.com is different from the server's
domain (which shouldn't make any difference).

The only other oddity that I can thing of is that host7 has DNS entries in
_both_ domains, a CNAME in the server's domain and an A name in domain.com.
showmount -e shows it exported to the correct domain, though.  And, to make
sure that wasn't the problem, I had all both domains and an unqualified entry
in there at one point.  All three entries resolved to host7.domain.com,
though, so I removed the extraneous entries.  Oh, and all hosts use the same
DNS server, so they all see the same information.

--
Amy Rich <arr@oceanwave.com>                    Oceanwave Consulting, Inc.
UNIX Systems Administration Consultant          12 Hines Way