Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:05:42 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brad Morgan <B-Morgan@concentric.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4-RC1 ISO image on releng4.freeBSD.org

--IuhbYIxU28t+Kd57

Brad Morgan wrote:

> The FTP server on releng4.freeBSD.org responds to a REST command with a 5=
02
> status  but the text seems to imply that I can resume an aborted transfer
> for TYPE I files (which the .iso image is).

are you sure your FTP client has done a "TYPE I" before issuing the
"REST" command?

> Microsoft's command line FTP doesn't appear to implement the
> necessary commands.

quite sure?  I thought there was a "reget" command but I'm not sure, maybe
that's only in Unix command line FTP programs (but I thought the MS one was
based on those).

Or you could try another FTP client... ws_ftp is supposed to be good and
there's a freeware edition, check Tucows.

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org                 FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
                                                    http://www.FreeBSD.org/

--IuhbYIxU28t+Kd57