Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:57:15 +1000
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <odela01@ca.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ru@freebsd.org
Subject:   INCDIR vs INCSDIR

I'm fooling around with -current for the first time in a while, and I
noticed that the graphics/lcms port incorrectly installs its headers to
/usr/include. I tracked it down to the way the port installs by using
bsd.lib.mk.

Under 4.x, the headers listed in ${INC} are installed to ${INCDIR} by
bsd.lib.mk. However, -current has this newfangled bsd.incs.mk (included
from bsd.lib.mk) which ends up installing to ${${group}DIR} where
${group} is set to 'INCS'. So -current is installing to ${INCSDIR},
which defaults to /usr/include.

The CVS log for bsd.incs.mk states that INCDIR was renamed to INCSDIR
for consistency. The author (ru) probably didn't realize that ports were
using it.

I did a quick grep through /usr/ports and found a handful of other ports
that would have the same issue. IIRC, ports are supposed to work under
both -stable and -current, right? So this is a simple thing, but I'm not
sure of the best way to fix it.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <lodea@vet.com.au>          Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software