Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:54:42 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnome

In message <3C2B6B39.1BF124A6@vortex.wa4phy.net>, Sam Drinkard writes:
> Probably not the right place to ask, but am trying to start upgrading my
> ports junque.  Gnome bombs out in the controlcenter... I assume there is
> a sequence to doing the build of gnome, but "core"  and "build" both
> bomb out when trying to build controlcenter.  Problem appears to be
> structure related, with a missing member.
>
> Can anybody provide any clues?

It's been my experience when upgrading Gnome, all of the Gnome ports
and most of the bits and pieces that Gnome relies upon to build, e.g.
bonobo, ORBit, glib, gtk, etc., need to be current.  I've had the best
results deinstalling all of Gnome and the bits and pieces it relies on
then installing the gnome meta-port, allowing it to drag in whatever it
depends upon.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team      Email:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD
Ministry of Management Services
Province of BC