Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 22:58:59 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dino Dai Zovi <ghandi@ghandi.cx>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        ghandi@mindless.com
Subject:   Forks hang in libsocket++

In the libsocket++ package (from ports), some of the tests either hang or
bomb out in different ways.  Usually when the test program bombs, it will
print out something to the effect of:
"tfork0 in free(): warning: chunk is already free."
Where tfork just uses the C++ class to fork and pass messages between the
parent and child.  The tests fail in tpipe, tsockpair, tfork, and tfork0.

I am running FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE (cvsup on April 4).  I have not tested it
on any other platforms myself, but I am told that all tests pass on Linux
2.0.xx and SunOS 4.1.X.  If anyone has any insight into what's going on,
I'd greatly appreciate it, a CS assignment requires that we use this
library, and I'd like to develop it on my machine :)
Thanks.
-Dino