Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:19:19 -0400
From:      Mark Segal <mark@club-web.com>
To:        "Tom T. Thai" <tomthai@future.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Databases

Tom T. Thai wrote:
> > I need to set up a database, for some of our clients (i'm getting sick
> > of all the *.dat floating around, not to mention increasing traffic)  I
> > Was wondering which free database you guys/gals would recomend :).
>
> msql, mysql, postgress
Maybe i should elobrate.. what are the differences, benefits.  For
example, i heard a rumor, that mysql doesn't allow more than one
connection at a time it just puts it in a FIFO queue.  true?.. i need
some more background to help me make an educated decision.

As well, if free isn't the answer, than i'll have to shell out some
money..

Mark

--
Mark Segal