Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:31:23 -0400
From:      "Nick LoPresti" <nick@chromatix.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Firewall

Well, first get a copy of FreeBSD.  Next, configure two network interfaces
and get them talking on two different networks.  Then you have to get the
machine to route between the two interfaces("gateway=yes" or something).
Then use some software to invoke rules on what goes through and what
doesn't.  ipfw comes with BSD and is very easy to use.  If you would like
some more specific help, feel free to e-mail me.  I just did this recently.

Nick
nick@chromatix.com
Web Page: http://www.lopresti.dhs.org/users/nick