Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:35:53 -0700
From:      "Francis J. Bruening" <francis.j.bruening@bigfoot.com>
To:        <cjclark@home.com>, <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RESOLUTION on fetchmail / sendmail / lo0 problems

Guys,

thanks for all your help on solving my fetchmail / sendmail / lo0
problem.

I'm up and running fine now, it was a matter of getting lo0 running
under 3.3, which was the problem all along. I read the errata when I
first installed, but didn't put 2 + 2 together that I needed the
loopback device till you guys mentioned it.

So, for future mailing list searchers who may search the archives.. :)

R3.3 (as of 9/28/99) does not start the lo0 device automatically.

You need the lo0 (loopback) device in order to run many programs,
(in my case fetchmail). SO MAKE sure you have it running.

Thanks again to all the members of the list, this is one of the
most helpful communinities I've had the pleasure of being involved
with.

I look forward to learning enough to start paying back the mailing list
for all the assistance I've recieved.

Regards,

Francis (FBSD newbie, but learning tons)