Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:50:22 +0000
From:      nik@blueberry.co.uk (Nik Clayton)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opportunity for FreeBSD promotion

Hi folks,

Just flicking through my January 1997 issue of "Web Techniques", and they
have a lengthy article comparing NT web servers. In a half page sidebar
they document "The Linux Alternative", by Peter Varhol, in which they
set up Apache on a 33Mhz, 16MB 486.

It concludes

    Overall, if you're looking for a fast, inexpensive way to get a Web
    site up and running and you have a working knowledge of Unix, there
    are few better choices than Linux.

Given the recent spate of volunteers to write articles, perhaps someone
could contact them with a rebuttal? I think there's an opportunity here to
do a complete article, concentrating on 'Web Servers for Unix', with the
OS in question being FreeBSD. There's even an opportunity for a "The NT
Alternative" sidebar, to conclude

    "Overall, if you're looking for a fast, inexpensive way to get a Web
    site up and running, there are few worse choices than NT. . ."

I'll plead lack of time, lack of resources, and lack of article writing
skill.

The person to contact is probably Michael Floyd, editor in chief, at

    editors@web-techniques.com.

The URL of their web site is left as an exercise for the reader. . .

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[ .out => Compiled program; .obj => Object code; .c => Documentation ]ENTP